Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Da best 3days + 2nights trip to KL!

Oh yeah, it's good to be home, aint it?!!! I had da best 3 days & 2 nights holiday trip in KL with my buddies, Afa and Pijan.

Sunday, 20th June, 2004
8:30am - After I had my b'fast with mom & dad, I kissed them goodbye as I wished dad, "Happy Father's Day, papa.." :) Drove to Afa's and obviously I had to salam with his dad, I dressed casually just to gain his dad's confidence (aint dat da truth, haha!). One BIG bag of his clothes to be drop off at his bro's place in Ampang later in KL, one small bag for da journey. We left Alor Setar by 9:30am.

11:30am - Reached Sg. Perak, we took a leak.. ate there, bungkus some guavas, head back da highway.

12:30pm - Detoured into Ipoh to pick up ma homie Pijan, we waited 1/2 hour for him at Petronas. He came by bike, asked us to follow him to his rent house to get his luggage. It was quite far from the highway-Ipoh exit, no wonder he was late :P Once we're done, we left Ipoh at 1:30pm and the journey was more havoc now dat Pijan's in da car! Woohoo!!

3:30pm - We're kinda hungry, so we ate at the Restoran Jejantas in Sg. Buloh. All of us had Burger King's mushroom burger and A&W rootbear floats. That really stuffed our bellys to da max.. *burp!*

5:00pm - Finally, we're in KL. Got lost a while (obviously on my first time driving there).. but thanks to me and my public transport routine, I manage to recall the directions to our hotel, Prescott Inn at Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman (5 minutes walk from da SOGO mall). But before we even went there, I promised to drop Afa's HUGE luggage at his bro's place in Ampang. After that baru we all went to the hotel and checked into our rooms.

5:30pm - We checked into our room - Room 806, rested a few hours before we discussed where to go later. Surprisingly, my nigga Nedu called and asked us to meet him, Hendra, Mizi & Hana.. at Mid Valley that night. So, we took turns bathed and got ready..

8:00pm - Once we're in Mid Valley, he headed to GSC to meet da guys. He had our dinner at Oasis, only the three of us since Nedu, Hendra, Mizi & Hana had already eaten earlier in Bangsar. Then, we borak2 together.. but since tomorrow is weekday, Mizi & Hana had to leave early coz they're working.

9:00pm - So, the 5 of us head to Hendra's crib in Shah Alam. We just talked the whole night away about lots of things (gud + bad). Pijan had a private conversation with Nedu.. me, Afa, and Hendra had our private conversations as well. (It's a guy thing, really..)

12:00am - We left Hendra and Nedu coz I started to feel exhausted. Drove all the way back to our hotel room. Guess what happened when we reached there?

1:00am - I decided to take the guys to Setiawangsa, Keramat.. to get all of my things from my rent house that very night jugak! They were the only 2 people that I've brought into my room - and they've seen the real hell-hole that I've been living for almost 2 years. Almost 1hour+ I packed my things and transfered all of them into the car. Seeing my buddies tired from the liftings of my luggages, I treated them at a famous place nearby called Jummah - a mamak stall with the big screen projected tv. Watched a EURO match for a few minutes, but I decided to let it go and head back bcoz it was already late.

3:30am - Got into our beds, me shared one bed with Pijan (now don't u even think about anything ok?!!).. and Afa slept alone on another.


Monday, 21st June, 2004
8:45am - Woke up, went down to my car to slip some coins at the parking spot bcoz those Dewan Bandaraya people DO summon. Chunk up more than RM4 to get a maximum of 4hours which gives me around 12:30pm to get down and refill again. Got back up into the room.. and slept a few hours.

12:00pm - All of us bathed, dressed up funky to da max.. and planned to do some serious shopping in Sg. Wang. Once we reached the parking lot, guess what happened to my car.. I GOT A TICKET!!!
[Kesalahan: Parking meter tiada baki. - Masa: 11.30pagi. - Saman: RM10.00]
Me: WHAT DA F*CK?!!! Oh hell no, I aint gonna pay that.. this is bullshit!!
Afa: Yea, this doesn't make any sense.. are you sure u put coins in the meter?
Me: Dude, I've spend almost RM5 okay.. don't tell me the meter has a fast timer..
Pijan: Ntah ah Foo.. maybe kot.. bukan bley percaya sgt skarang..
Me: Hmm, keta lain ader tak saman?
Afa: (looking at other cars) Yup, they also got summons.. tp meter depa dah kosong.. mmg patut kena saman pun..
Me: Arghh.. jom gi to this Dewan Bandaraya.. I wana argue with this fella..
So, just wanna let my parents know.. I called dad, but he said he's gonna settle it..
Dad: Just bring it back home, let me handle it..
Me: But papa.. I wana do this on my own.. I wanna argue, this is a rip-off..
Dad: I know, but cukup lah tuh.. next time, park betul2 kat depan pintu masuk hotel. Dah, go and have fun with your friends..
Me: Okay, I call u later papa.. thanks and kim salam mama and adik..
Dad: Alright, bye.
1:00pm - Sg. Wang was injected with three more guys.. Afa dragged us straight to Imbi to survey his dream PC. He got an awesome offer.. RM2960 - Pentium 4 3.0Ghz, 128MB RAM (I wonder why he asked that much only?), 120GB Seagate Barracuda, Lite-on DVD+CD/RW combo, ATi Radeon 9600 XT (bundle pack with games), Creative Sound Blaster LS soundcard (tak ingat what model), and a LOT of casing fans!!!
Me: Why do need so much fans in it?
Afa: I want a 'cool' PC.. get it, hehe..
Me & Pijan: Whatever.. :P
So, he put a deposit (with my money temporarily) RM50, and we teman Afa to withdraw his money.. RM3000 in cash *ka-ching!* But Afa's so damn paranoid with RM3k in his pocket, I calmed him down with a small meal in KFC, Sg. Wang. Pijan also relaxed him a lot.D one with da meal, we went back to the PC shop. Afa payed, he asked us to take our time as he stayed there watched them build his PC. Well, me and Pijan left him.. and we went window shopping in Sg. Wang.. shoes, to be exact ;) 30minutes later, Afa called and we helped him carried his new PC and other boxes containing drivers and manuals. We safely placed his PC in da car, and I brought them to my favourite shoe shop.

As we entered, I saw this all-black Air Jordan (the same model as mine, only mine was white + red).. and I asked for a pair to try. Afa and Pijan was facinated with the variety of shoes - Nike, And1, Diesel, DC, Adidas, Converse, Timberland, etc..
Me: Psst.. hey guys, cuba korang tgk the highest price in this shop.. let me know when you've found it.. (hehe)
Afa & Pijan: (after a few minutes surveying) Hmm.. kami rasa yg paling tinggi is RM185 kot..
Me: Now you know why I like this shop so much. The quality is exactly the same as originals but there's nothing above RM200 here!
So, as the cute 19years old malay girl came with my shoes.. I tried on, do some walking to da 'comfortable-test'.. and it passed. I cough up RM150 for da shoes plus another RM7 for a pair of white shoe laces for my white Adidas (ala Nike Air Force1).
Then, we left the building with lesser bulk on our wallets (alahai.. makin nipis plak dompet nih ekk.. huhu!)

We head back to da hotel, and all of us slept till evening.

6:00pm - Pijan left us for he went to Bukit Bintang to meet his new girl buddy. Me & Afa just watched the tv.. There's this cool movie about Dennis Rodman, the basketball player.. we both enjoyed it. Now we know how he lived to be a star :)

8:30pm - Pijan came back, SMILING all da way. Biasa lah.. dah jumpa awek, mesti ah happy kan :P

9:00pm - We were so hungry (except Pijan since he already ate), so I brought them to this special place in Wangsa Maju - NZ. NZ is a famous open-air restaurant with a DAMN HUGE projected canvas.. and that night, Shaolin Soccer was on TV3 :D Haha!! Pijan juz drank, me had da delicious Char Kueh Teow, and Afa got these - 2 roti canais, 1 tandoori chicken, 1 char kueh toew.
Me: You're a damn cannibal, man.. are you THAT hungry?
Afa: Oh yah.. hik hik..
Pijan: Biaq pi la Foo.. dia kan mmg makan banyak.. tgk la camna boroi dia skang..
9:45pm - Finish eating, I drove us all the way to KL as I asked myself there was something we had to do before we go back north. We went to Ampang at 10pm and KARAOKE bebeh!! RM35 and hour, but it was worth it! The place was big, clean, and awesome!! Computerized song selections, 2 high quality microphones, a pair of good bassed speakers, a big tv.. all in one comfortable air-cond room. My first song was 'MLTR - That's Why (You Go Away)' which so far in my entire karaoke experience, is the best song I've ever sang =) Then, we took turns singing according to our song selections.. we were having so much fun, we decided to ADD ANOTHER HOUR!!! Damn, this is da life I'm telling you guys.. thanks Afa for showing us da best karaoke place in Ampang.. it was fantastic guys..

12:30am - We drove back and still we're singing in da car.. haha.. Reached da hotel, masuk je bilik, terus tido.


Tuesday, 22nd June, 2004
10:00am - Checked out from da hotel, head to Ampang to drop Afa's new PC at his bro's place. We had a quick sandwich in da house :) Then, I planned to meet up with my adorable friend, Dana, at her office in KPMG, Jalan Dungun. So, as I drove along da way.. I called Dana for directions, I followed exactly what she said.. until I reached Klang and I was doubtful.

12:30pm
Me: Fut kat Klang nih.. betul ke directions u kasi?
Dana: Uish.. dah jauh melampau tuh.. tak jumpa ke Jalan Dungun?
Me: Takde pun.. dah ikut the previous roads yg u mentioned, tp jalan tuh je yg tak jumpa.. ada tak apa2 landmark kat situ?
Dana: Jap ek.. (tanya office mates).. bangunan John Hancock.. and I lupa laa nak sebut, masuk Jalan Bangsar dulu tadi..
Me: Laaaaaaa.. Ok la Dana, I think I know da way now.. thanks..
Dana: Sorry ek..
Arghh.. because of one road dia tak bagitau, and one landmark dia tak bagitau.. we all wasted 1 hour. Later, we retraced our track back to KL.. into Jalan Duta -> Jalan Semantan -> JALAN BANGSAR -> Jalan Dungun. When I got there, I called her, and she came down from her office.. picked her up, and we all ate in BSC, Bangsar.

2:30pm - Makan kat food court - all on me :) Afa and Pijan left us alone as soon as they're done eating. Then, I belek2 Dana's new love a.k.a. Nokia 6600. Snap some pics, played some tones, it's actually an awesome-packed phone. I snap our pics on my digicam, then we both left the food court and meet up da guys, and sent Dana back to her office. Heh, I didn't realize I took her office hours.. she already had her break previously but she was so kind enough to spend time with us :) Before she got out of the car, I gave her a couple of CDs that I burned for her - 1 audio cd, another are full of flash files, movies, etc.

4:30pm - Baru skarang nak b'tolak ke Alor Setar. Best tak?

6:30pm - Drop my friend Pijan at Ipoh, he's gonna come back to Alor Setar after a few days bcoz he has some laundry to do first. Then, it's just me and Afa in da car all da way then. We talked a lot in da car.. about life, personal r'ships, funny shits, etc. It was one of those brotherly get-to-know-ur-fren-better quality times. Hey, that's what real friends do..

10:30pm - Alhamdulillah, sampai jugak Alor Setar dgn selamat nye.. but we ate first at a Medan Selera somewhere after the toll. Then, baru I dropped Afa at his place.. and I drove back home.. dad was still awake, he helped me carried my stuffs into da house.

12:00am - Unpacked my bags, thrown away all my used clothes into da 'bakul baju kotor'.. bathed and slept instantly.


P/S: Thanks so much mom & dad for letting me drive my car around KL, thanks my friends for accompanying me, thanks Dana too! :D