Friday, June 04, 2004

An e-mail I just wanna share..

Dude and dudettes, y'all better start puttin' some tints on yer car windows for extra safety.
Here's an e-mail I received a long time ago that I just wanna share. Check it out.

Perdana Parkcity Sdn Bhd

Here's a true story that just happened to me in Klang....

It was Saturday (17th Apr) morning about 3.50 am. I just got back home after my usual Friday nite out. Feeling very tired, I inclined my seat so that I could rest my eyes a little. Few seconds later, a gold metallic Wira (the old sedan type, yellow/red tail lights) passes by. Though I couldn't see the passengers in the car, my instinct told me to lock my car... so I did.

The Wira then made a turn infront and headed back my direction and stop right beside my car, a couple of fellow stormed out of the car and one of them tried to open my door. I shouted and before I can take a good look at them, they started smashing my window.

The first hit cracked the whole window, the second hit made a small hole and by the 3rd and 4th hit my car window is almost gone. I quickly start my car and sped off. Thinking they might be aftering me, I quickly drove to a dark alley to hide. After the situation is clear, I drove straight to the police station.

After lodging my report, I was asked to wait for the sargeant. While waiting, 2 teenagers stepped in to make a report as well. They were robbed. I found out later from them, they were robbed by the same gang who tried to rob me. Driving the same gold Wira and it happened like 1-2 km away on the other side of the neighbourhood. Threatening them with parangs, those indians took away their wallets and handphones.

Its only after I spoke to the teenagers, only I realised that those robbers were smashing my car with PARANGS! Another extra hit and my face would have been gone. I was lucky I escaped.

So, the next time you're in your car. No matter short or long distance, ALWAYS LOCK YOUR CAR DOORS!
I'm not promoting anything here, but do try to get a tint for your car windows. It saved my life because the tint was holding on for a few more hits which gave me enough time to escape.



Warmest regards,
Ivy Lam
Secretary

[E-mail received - 05/05/2004 11:14 AM.]