Friday, September 26, 2003

The best dream I had.. and the worst friday khutbah I heard...

Last night I dreamt the most wonderful dream ever, and I really hope that dream does come true one day. All my life, I've never felt a dream that is so real.. so real I don't even wanna wake up at all.

It began when I was walking into my girlfriend's house along with my parents. It was strange for me coz I never had the chance to bring them at all before this, and I seldom visit her because she's always in KL most of the time in her college. Well, that day she wasn't in her house.. or I felt that her presence wasn't there at all, but her love and her feelings I kept inside of me all the time.

I tried to look around, and as I walked towards the kitchen, I heard my parents discussing something among her parents. Huh?! Is this for real?? My parents actually got to speak with them?? Wow, never the less I continued my search around the house for my darling.

And as soon as I walked out of the kitchen, mom and dad came to me and said, "Ok dah, semua dah settle. Malam nanti dia balik lah.." I'm like WHUT DA?? "Parents dia dah agree, so no need to be afraid," my mom added.

Is this what I think it is? The three of us came here to meminang my girlfriend?? And her parents AGREED??! I'm.. I'm.. so.. speechlessly happy. I.. just.. can't say anything. I was.. smiling.. and.. laughing inside. My God, that's it? So simple?? Huh.. wow. Thank God, alhamdulillah.. and syukur. I never thought her parents would agree of having me as their son-in-law.. coz I'm so nervous (in real life) even speaking to them makes me shaking. :)

Then, my parents went home.. left me all alone in her house, as her parents went to work. Yeah, I waited for my girlfriend.. oops, fiancé (hehe) to return home later tonight. I just stood all day in joy, smiling all the time, waiting for her. I gazed around, and see what'll be within tonight and tomorrow onwards. What's it like to be finally together. How would my days and nights be from now on? Gosh, I'm so happy inside.. tears filled up my eyes and slowly rundown across my face of eternal joy and fulfilled dreams.

BAMM BAMM BAMM!! "WAKE UP SON, DON'T WANNA BE LATE FOR PRAYERS!!" Aaahhhh mannnnn!!! Just when I had the most heavenly dream.. the dream amongst dreams. Damn it! I didn't even get to wait for her return that night pun.. *sob* Uwaaaaa!!!! I should've slept early last night!! Arghh!!

Anyway, today's khutbah went well.. for a few minutes. Ahaks! I checked my watch, "1:30pm". Hmm.. I guess it's gonna be a long day today. The khatib read the khutbah in a monotone voice, so it was utterly boring. My head almost fell to the floor (haha.. not really). Hmm.. I thought about my dream last night. It was so wonderful, I wish I could continue that dream tonite :)

Well, as time (slowly) passed by, it's already 1:45pm and that's when the khatib screwed up the khutbah a bit. Reading back and forth, jumping from one sentence to another, re-read some sentences, and again jumped the whole sentence. I realised my dad (who sat one row in front of me) shook his head telling him what a terrible khatib he is. Then, when the khutbah finally reached its end.. everyone prayed, and we left the mosque early.

In the car, I said, "Teruk lah khatib hari nih, khutbah serabut..". "Ntah, orang tua.. he can't read the text kot. Hmm, I think I'm gonna write or do a seminar on Khatib's Speaking Skills.." dad replied as he drove us back home in his black Mercedes. Once, we're back home.. mom prepared lunch as my lil' sister Ann carried my nephew Amir and put him on his baby chair. Then, we all sat down and ate lunch together. Nyum nyumm..

Well, gotta hand it to ya.. it's sure one heck of a day. Aint hot like any other fridays, I guess it's the rain season coming soon. Oh well, tata for now! Adios amigos..