Saturday, May 22, 2004

Bird watchin' + meet old KT friend + SHREK 2 = best weekend!!

Woke up at 7am (well, actually I couldn't sleep last night) and took my bath. Got dressed and waited for Dana's call. She sent me an SMS asking me to wait for her call. I waited in my room but I have this feeling of wanna be the one who waits for her in Pasar Seni, so I called 30minutes later and asked, "katne skarang Dana?' and she replied, "dah on the way.."

Arghh!! Why does she always do that? :P So, I rushed to the bus stop , rode the feeder bus and LRT, reached Pasar Seni around 9:15am. Guess what.. she was already there waiting for me! Then, we had our breakfast in McDs.. and later we took a cab to the Taman Burung which was only 5minutes ride from Pasar Seni. This is my 1st time visit, and dude.. it was great! =)

I payed for our entrace fee, RM12 x 2org (for Taman Burung). We were lucky to reach there early coz it was Saturday and there were tourists and kid's school trip which crowded this place a few hours later.


Can you see the rainbow? Posted by Hello

Dana was the one who snapped pics of the birds (in cages and out in the walkaway e.g. the peacocks) while I take pics of its descriptions. She did took some pics of flowers, which after an hour inside the bird park.. I suggested we go to Taman Orkid. And so we exited the bird park with an ice-cream in Dana's hand (damn expensive!!) and walked to the Taman Orkid situated right in front of us. Dana payed the entrance fee (RM1 x 2org = CHEAP!) and straight away, I see that Dana's in her paradise (with a big smile on her face).

She LOVES flowers!!!

Well, thank goodness there weren't any description boards to snap with my digicam since its memory is almost full. So, I just helped Dana holding on some of the flowers while she took the pics. Later, we sat on a bench for a short rest when suddenly Dana got a surprise SMS from our old KT friend, Ahmed Zulhairi!! He asked her out and I invited him to join us in Mid Valley at 1pm. We walked out of the Taman Orkid and took the cab.

RM6.50 seorang. Anywhere you wanna go.

I payed RM13, and we reached Mid Valley at 12.30pm (damn those cab charges, their freakin' expensive!!). We were so hungry but we head straight to GSC to buy our tickets. The que was already long enough to reach McDs (opposite of GSC) but it doesn't matter.. coz we got our SHREK 2 tickets!! But the bad news is, it's at 5.25pm and we're sitting 2nd row from da big screen!!

Ahmed arrived at 1pm, and we all went to Oasis food court to have our brunch. It was only 2.15pm when we finished our meal, so we didn't have anything else to do but to accompanied Dana and surveyed for her watch in ALL (yes, ALL) the watch shops in Mid Valley. She wanted to have this new trend 'cufflings' watches but it was over her RM200 budget. (Poor thing..)

Round and round, and up and down we went but still she couldn't decide. The three of us even sat down on one of the benches and talked (and criticized shoppers who walked by) for an hour just to eat up the remaining hours before our movie. We even ate McDs sundaes and went into the Pet Shop (damn it stinks in there!).


Dana, Ahmed, and ME! Posted by Hello

Finally.. at 5.30pm, we entered GSC and watched our long-awaited returning green hero in SHREK 2!! =)

The movie ended at 7pm, perfectly.. with lots of laughter :D Then, it was time to say goodbye but Ahmed took us to Restoran Syed in Bangsar where he always hangs out. He had western, Dana had nasi goreng while I had my usual nasi goreng cina. By 7:45pm, Ahmed dropped me and Dana at the Bangsar LRT Station and from there, we head back home seperately.

I arrived in my room at 8:45pm, and I must say.. this has been the greatest weekend for me! It was nice to meet you again, Ahmed. We really need a lot of catchin' up to do, aight? Mueheheh.. Thanks Dana for inviting me today (or is it I yang menyibuk, hehe).. we should go to Zoo Negara with everybody someday.. :)